Njivice is located close to Omišalj and has always been part of the Omišalj castle, and today it belongs to the Municipality of Omišalj. The town has probably been inhabited since ancient times. It was mentioned for the first time in written sources in 1474. in Prince Ivan Frankopan the VII’s deed of donation.
Over the last few centuries it was a small village on Krk, whose inhabitants were mainly fishermen, olive grove workers or cattle-breeders or they worked in the forests. The houses situated close to the seashore, the small boats and the fishermen’s nets as well as the cases full of fish, have for centuries been a recognizable photograph of Njivice.
The Luka hotel (today known as the Jadran) and villa Dinka, were built in 1930 and are considered the start of tourism in Njivice.
Njivice is today a tourist centre with modern accommodation capacities amongst which dominate the hotels and camp-sites located in the shade.
This tourist and fine food resort is today the most recent parish on the island. Not far away from Njivice, is a lake, one of the two on the island, which was once an area for fishing, but which for a number of decades has been set up as a fresh water source.